6 Ways to RAZZLE DAZZLE Your Drab Monday!!
1. Start your day by getting rid of the old and letting the new shine through! One of the best ways to do that is to exfoliate. I love Modern Friction body scrub from Origins. My friend Jana got me hooked on it, and I actually just used the last of it over the weekend. (waiting for an Origins sale or ebay deal before I replace it) ;) This stuff is amazing. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and glowing (totally razzle dazzle). If you're going to be spending a lot of time outside this summer, exfoliating should be on your list of things to do. Just don't exfoliate right before or after sun exposure. (major ouch)
2. Add some razzle dazzle to your breakfast with these little berries. Goji berries, that is. They're cute, sweet, and PINK! You can add them to your oatmeal, granola, cereal, yogurt, trail mix, fresh baked goods, or eat them by themselves. (they're great in your salad at lunch time too) To find the health benefits of the goji...google it. haha!! :) I love these little guys and they've been listed as one of the 5 healthiest fruits you can eat - high in antioxidents. Score! I like to make a little trail mix with mine using almonds, goji berries, and little dark chocolate chips. Super good combination! Try some today!
3. Add some razzle dazzle to your morning makeup routine. This lip gloss from Mary Kay totally pumps up the volume when it comes to shine and sparkle. It's a beautiful shade of pink that looks good on just about everyone! Even it's name is fun - Fancy Nancy. Seriously...does it get much cuter? Another product I love for adding some dazzle is Bare Escentuals Healthy Radiance. It instantly adds a shimmer (not glitter) wherever you put it. I use it over eye color, cheek color, or alone for a dewy look. It's super versatile and a great product for summer.
4. Add a little bling to your ensemble. Whether it's a chunky necklace, an over sized ring, a flower pin, feathers in your hair, a belt, etc....let your inner razzle dazzle shine through! I love to see art in fashion (tasteful art, that is - the smarter, the better) and it seems like there's a lot to choose from these days. Style is subjective and we all have our own. Whether we follow the trends or march to the beat of our own drum....we're all saying something with our style. I shop on a budget and some of my favorite places to find fun things to razzle dazzle my wardrobe are local shops, consignment stores, and markets. On our trip to Savannah, GA last year we found this cute little shop that was nestled in the art district and I found these pieces for just a little $. It doesn't cost a fortune to sport a little dazzle. :)
(sorry the pic is blurry - foggy lens due to high GA humidity) :)
5. Add some serious razzle dazzle to meal time with this little treat. Black Truffle Sea Salt. Yes. You read that correctly. BLACK TRUFFLE Sea Salt. O my goodness gracious. Hide your kids. Shut the front door. This stuff is legit. It's made by the culinary geniuses over at s.a.l.t. sisters. (I've mentioned their stuff on here before - it's seriously muy bueno) Black truffle mushrooms are fragrant, rich, and highly valued in the culinary world. This product is great on hot popcorn (my all time favorite snack and therefore first on this list), vegetables, steak, tossed in pasta with olive oil....you name it, it could only be made better by this product.
Grilled Asparagus with Black Truffle Sea Salt
Wash and prepare 2 bunches of fresh asparagus
Toss with olive oil, Black Truffle Sea Salt, and fresh cracked pepper
Grill for about 10-12 minutes or until you get great grill marks on all sides
Finish w/ a very light sprinkle of Black Truffle Sea Salt and a squeeze of lemon
We love our asparagus paired with grilled steak or chicken. If you can't grill the asparagus, it can also be roasted in the oven @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until tender. Enjoy!!
6. Add some dazzle to your life by cultivating deep friendships. There's a definite "wow factor" added to life through friends. A razzle dazzle...if you will. :) I love how each of my friends mean something different to me. Each one has a sparkle all her own. I'm sure your friends do too. Once you discover it...it's something to treasure. To find what makes a friend shine, you need to get to know her....what really makes her heart sing. For some of my friends, it's quality time. For some, it's gifts or little notes. For some others, it's words of encouragement. For my long distance friends, it's the phone calls, facebook messages, and emails. Just recently I've been reminded how important true friendships are. It's important to stay connected - to check in - to make the effort it takes to keep a relationship thriving - to be a razzle dazzler in the life of your friends!! :) So on a mundane Monday, take time to call a friend, invite her to share a cup of coffee or take a walk around the neighborhood. Send someone a little treat or note. Plan a pool day with some girlfriends. The sky is the limit, people. :) Sometimes the littlest things mean the most and can razzle dazzle up an ordinary day in the life of a true friend.
Shine on, razzle dazzlers!!